Licensing Keeptool (Version 10 and below)
The licensing model
Each KeepTool product Hora, ER Diagrammer, Debugger licenses separately. The price does not depend on your choice of license model.
Single workstation license
The single workstation license is bound to the underlying hardware of the workstation. Therefore, a device-dependend hardware code will be displayed on startup. It is a good idea to choose this model for
- Stand-alone usage. Database server and client run on the same isolated machine
- Usage on the road without periodic back-in-office use
- Usage with only one workstation.
The single workstation usage works together with Windows workstation OS in a non virtualized environment.
The floating license can be used with a restricted number of network devices at the same time. The license is bound to the UNC path of a network share. The floating license requires at least two seats.
The battery feature allows you to keep using the network license for a period of at least 30 days if you are on the road and have no access to the network path. To recharge the license you can install a Windows service that is shipped with the product. This allows notebook users to use the products at home or on a business trip.
Follow these steps to license your KeepTool product
1.The registration dialog can be started from the Help Menu of Hora, ER Diagrammer, or PL/SQL Debugger. In certain cases, such as when your trial period has expired, it may also be shown automatically. This example is shown when starting Hora, and summarizes the three options: Register, Try it for Free, and Decline.
2.You will then be asked to choose between two licensing options: the floating network license and the fixed single workstation license.
3a. Single workstation license
If you press the Single workstation button, you will see the following explanation instead.
3b. Single workstation license
Licensing for a single workstation license:
Registration a single-user license is a two-part process.
- The first step is to have the software generate a hardware code based on the properties of the PC. Please send this to KeepTool, either in the Remarks field of our online order form (when ordering) or later by email to email@example.com. You will then receive a registration key from us, normally within two working days.
- Next, complete the registration dialog by entering the registration key in the lower text box. The software will then be permanently unlocked.
4a. Floating license
Registration of a network license consists of several easy steps.
- You first need to choose a location on the network folder where the licensing file will be installed. Each KeepTool user must have read/write access to this folder, because it is used to track the number of users. A UNC address (beginning with "\\") must be assigned to this network location.
- Next, enter the registration dialog and enter the UNC address that you have selected in the first dialog window shown here.
4b. Floating license
When you click Register Network, you will then see the next dialog, which displays the generated network code.
- Please send the network code to KeepTool, either in the Remarks field of our online order form (when ordering) or later by email to Support. You will then receive a registration key from us, normally within two working days.
- When you receive the key, log on to one of the computers where the KeepTool software is installed, and complete the registration dialog by entering the key in the lower box. The software will then be permanently unlocked on this computer.
- For any subsequent client computer in the network where the KeepTool product is installed, you need only enter the UNC of the folder that was selected to hold the licensing file. At that point, the software will automatically be registered for that machine, and you will no longer see the registration dialog.
Remember that there is no limit to the number of machines on which you install and register the product – only to the number of concurrent usages.